The Buderim Garden Festival in October will showcase Buderim’s best gardens as well as including flower shows, displays, garden sculptures and more.
The annual Festival, proudly sponsored by Buderim Bendigo Bank and Manawee Garden Centre from October 21st to 23rd will include events as well as the very popular Open Gardens program, that offers exclusive access to some of the best gardens around Buderim.
The annual Festival comes as Buderim Garden Club was awarded the Eleanor McLeod Award from Garden Clubs Australia for outstanding service by an Affiliated Club to their local community.
Buderim Garden Club president John Lyon said gardeners across Buderim were busy preparing to showcase their gardens and floral blooms during the weekend activities.
“The Open Gardens include six very different but all beautiful gardens that show a range of different types of gardening, from a garden less than two years old, to those developed over decades including native gardens, spacious gardens and parklands, tropical gardens and more.”
Mr Lyon said in addition to the Open Garden Program there was the very popular annual Spring Flower Show and photographic display as well as markets, garden sculpture exhibition and floral display.
The Buderim Garden Festival program runs from Friday 21st October to Sunday 23rd October and includes:
- Twilight Plant Market, outside on the green at Buderim War Memorial Hall (corner of Main and Church Streets, Buderim), on Friday from 3-7pm
- Spring Flower Show and Photographic Display, inside Buderim War Memorial Hall, on Friday 4-7pm, Saturday 8am-4pm, Sunday 8am-2pm
- Open Gardens – exclusive access to six different but beautiful gardens across Buderim, on Saturday 8am-4pm and Sunday 8am-3pm
- Plant Market, outside on the green at Buderim War Memorial Hall on Saturday 8am-4pm and Sunday from 8am-2pm
- Garden Sculpture Exhibition, at Buderim Craft Cottage – from Saturday 15th to Sunday 23rd October, 10am-4pm
- Floral Display at St Marks Anglican Church on Saturday 8am – 4pm and Sunday from 8am – 2pm
Tickets are $20 per person for a weekend ticket with access to the Open Gardens and Flower Show, or for the Flower Show only $3 per person, $5 for a family of 2 or more, with school children and students free. Tickets and more information are available online at www.buderimgardenclub.com/festival or from the Old Post Office, Manawee Garden Centre, Buderim Newsagency or Buderim Bendigo Bank.