With the Real Food Festival just weeks away, some of the chefs involved are hitting the road to give local Sunshine Coast communities a taste of things to come.
Record crowds are expected to flock to Maleny on the Sunshine Coast Hinterland to tickle their tastebuds at the two-day Festival on the 7th and 8th of September that aims to celebrate the Sunshine Coast real food community.
In the lead up to the event, a program of in-store promotions will take place at six sponsor locations throughout the Sunshine Coast:
- 15 August – IGA Maroochydore – 4-6pm with Chris White from Hungry Feel Eating House
- 17 August – Kunara Organic Marketplace (The Natural Foodstore) – 2:30-4:30pm with Tania Hubbard from Gluten Free Grain Free Co.
- 22 August – IGA Cooroy – 10-11:30am with Tania Hubbard from Gluten Free Grain Free Co.
- 24 August – IGA Mt Coolum – 10am-12noon with Chris Klaas from Chris Klaas Food Photography
- 30 August – IGA Maleny – 10:30am-12:30pm with Peter Brettell from Wild Rocket @ Misty’s
- 31 August – Jeffers Market Maroochydore – 1-3pm with Peter Wolfe, the Free Ranging Chef
At each promotion, a local chef will don their apron and prepare tastings for customers, to preview what they can expect at the Real Food Festival.
Proudly supported by event partner, IGA Sunshine Coast, the Festival will host more than 120 Sunshine-Coast based exhibitors ranging from specialty foods to food-related products and services.
Visitors will also have the opportunity to taste the flavours of the world at a wide range of ready-to-eat food stalls and experience a variety of activities including cooking and ‘how to’ demonstrations in the Kunara Real Food Kitchen and Eumundi Market Food Craft tent, or join in on the information sessions and discussions at the Food For Thought or Jeffers Market Nourishing Ideas venues.
“We’re lucky to have some talented Sunshine Coast chefs presenting at the Real Food Festival, and we’ve invited them to help out with the in-store promotion program,” Julie said.
“It’s a great opportunity to meet the chef and enjoy a sample of real food,” Julie said.
The Real Food Festival will be held at the Maleny Showgrounds, 13 Stanley River Road, Maleny on 7th – 8th September from 9am to 4pm daily and will showcase an abundance of local foods from Sunshine Coast producers, manufacturers and restaurants. Entry is $15 for a daily adult pass and children under 16 are free.
For more information on the Real Food Festival, visit the Festival website at www.realfoodfestival.com.au