Need some award-winning secrets for your business? Well, they are on offer at the 2022 Sunshine Coast Business Awards information sessions which will be held across the region starting on Wednesday 15th June.
Sunshine Coast Business Awards Chair Jennifer Swaine said the Awards application process was rigorous, so each year they offered information sessions where attendees could pick the brains of past winners and get advice from experts.
“Past entrants are always telling us the benefits the application process helped improve their businesses, giving them an opportunity to take a more holistic look at their operations, rather than being stuck in the every-day functional work,” Mrs Swaine said.
Awards Judging Chair Bruce Williams said one key to a successful application was planning.
“We pride ourselves on the quality of the Awards applications process – it’s not a popularity contest, but instead entrants are judged according to a criteria, by business experts, with finalists also participating in interviews,” Mr Williams said.
Mr Williams said that business people who had been nominated, or who are considering entering the Awards, have access to resources and guides to support them throughout the process.
“We host a series of information sessions across the Sunshine Coast and Noosa as well as online to give people an opportunity to find out more and ask questions,” Mr Williams said.
Mrs Swaine said the information sessions co-hosted by the Chambers of Commerce in the region would include a question-and-answer session with past winners and experts.
The free information sessions include:
- Wednesday 15th June, 5.30-7.30pm, Mercure Hotel Kawana, 9 Florey Boulevard, Birtinya, co-hosted by the Kawana Chamber of Commerce, featuring 2021 Hospitality (large) winner Kristine Young from Bella Venezia Restaurant as well as experts Awards Judging Chair Bruce Williams, Damien Glanville from LPE, and Mandy Day, Business Development Facilitator at Sunshine Coast Council.
- Wednesday, 22nd June, 5.30-7.30pm, LPE Bluewater Boardroom, Level 8, 8 Market Lane, Maroochydore, co-hosted by Awards naming rights sponsor LPE and Maroochydore Chamber of Commerce, featuring 2021 Professional Services (Small) winner Sally Desch from HRM Contracting and Consulting and experts Awards Judging Chair Bruce Williams, Damien Glanville from LPE and Andy Eves-Brown, Head of Economic Development at Sunshine Coast Council.
- Tuesday, 28th June, 5.30-7.30pm, The J, Noosa, co-hosted by Noosa Chamber of Commerce, featuring 2021 winners Alexandre Monteiro & Thiago Perrone from Aussie Tiny Homes, and experts Awards Judging Chair Bruce Williams, Damien Glanville from LPE and Frank Wilkie, Noosa Council Deputy Mayor.
- Wednesday, 6th July, 9-11am, Live Zoom Q&A session, with recording available after the session, co-hosted by Sunshine Coast Chamber Alliance featuring experts Awards Chair Jennifer Swaine and Awards Judging Chair Bruce Williams.
Mr Williams said the sessions were a chance to find out more about the application process and eligibility criteria, hear from previous winners about the application process and what the Awards process has meant for their businesses.
“The sessions are also a great opportunity to ask questions of the Awards team, as well as find out tips to submitting a competitive application,” Mr Williams said.
Mrs Swaine said this year’s Awards, powered by local energy provider LPE, were an important opportunity to recognise excellence in business from across the region’s many different industries.
Mrs Swaine said this year’s Awards were an important opportunity to recognise excellence in business from across the region’s many different industries, with 17 categories, with small and large categories in most:
- Accommodation (Tourism)
- Advanced Technologies
- Building and Construction
- Clean Technology
- Creative Industries
- Education and Training
- Experiences (Tourism)
- Export – only available to those exporting internationally
- Festivals and Events (Tourism)
- Food and Agribusiness
- Health and Wellness
- Professional Services
- Social Impact
- Trades & Services
The Business of the Year winner is chosen from the winners of the above categories. Hall of Fame Awards are also awarded to those who have won their category three years in a row.
To find register for one of the information sessions, go to sunshinecoastbusinessawards.com.au/information-sessions.
To find out more about the Awards, or nominate a business visit sunshinecoastbusinessawards.com.au.