“Make the Most of the Moment” Community Engagement
Another example of our achievements for our clients is the Make the Most of the Moment Community Engagement Campaign we ran in 2013 for Tourism Events Queensland and Sunshine Coast Destination Limited.
The campaign goal was to raise awareness on the Sunshine Coast and in South East Queensland of the Make the Most of the Moment campaign and identify the Sunshine Coast as the destination for people wanting to relax, unwind and connect with their loved ones. The campaign also set out to encourage people to think more about their Smart Phone use.
The month-long campaign which focused on local celebrity endorsement, stakeholder engagement, gaining media coverage and social media engagement had excellent results, exceeding all campaign objectives by a significant margin.
The campaign achievement highlights include:
- Media coverage that exceeded the campaign objective by 150%. All the coverage was positive and was valued at more than $118,000 (AVE – advertising value equivalence), a return of more than 590% of the overall campaign cost.
- A total social media reach of more than 81,000 including engagement by more than 3000.
- The recruitment of 15 local celebrities as campaign ambassadors including Sir Richard Branson, entrepreneur Bob Ansett, chef Matt Golinski, ironmen Matt Poole and Clint Robinson and pro-surfers Julian Wilson and Dimity Stoyle. All donated their time at no charge to the campaign.
- Completion of five campaign briefings throughout the region to engage with and provide information on the campaign to SCDL members and tourism providers. We also negotiated the contribution of more than $10,000 worth of tourism experiences to use as prizes for the social media campaign.
- Attracting print and radio sponsors for the campaign, which resulted in more than $30,000 worth of advertising.